Kim and Kris Divorce: Was it a Publicity Stunt?


So the rumors are true. What we have all been wondering has been confirmed. Kim Kardashian and Kris Humphries are getting divorced. Ryan Seacrest confirmed it this morning. But now the million dollar question: Was this all just a big publicity stunt? Was this all just a scam from the start?


I have so many questions to ask everyone involved (so Kim if you see this call me) and I don't know where to start. Here is what I think went on here, and let me go on record and say Khloe and Lamar are 100% the real deal and I will gladly debate this topic to anyone who would like to argue. Here goes:

-Khloe and Lamar's E! Wedding Special was pure gold. I could not get enough of the two of them, Khloe's Vera Wang dress, or that precious picture of Lamar giving Khloe a piggy back in her velour track suit. People actually watched that and thought "wow, maybe I can find true love in a month and throw together an amazing wedding in 3 weeks" (shout out to Kris Jenner on that one).

-Everyone loves Kim. Since Kim and Reggie Bush split everyone has been obsessed with Kim finding true love and who the lucky man will be. Keeping Up With The Kardashians has had a ball focusing on Kim's love life (or lack thereof) and everyone started to feel sorry for poor Kimmy.

-We thought the Kardashians had done it all- wrong. Khloe marries an NBA player in a whirlwind one month romance. Kourtney has the most adorable baby Hollywood has seen since Shiloh Jolie-Pitt out of wedlock with Scott-Kris Jenner-hates-me-I-am-a-crazy-alcoholic-Disick. Kendall and Kylie Jenner turned into 21 year old models and grew 3 feet-over night. Bruce Jenner had a successful plastic surgery. And if possible (which I think it is) Kris Jenner became even more outrageous and hysterical than when Khloe went to jail. Sidenote: everyone should watch that episode, that car ride on the way to jail is the scene that stole my heart with the Kardashians for ever.

So it was only natural Kim needed to make the next big move. And whats bigger than the most extravagant wedding Hollywood has seen in years? Oh thats right nothing, except for maybe that small Royal Wedding that happened across the Atlantic last spring.

-Kim didn't find love on her own, so the geniuses at E! found someone for her. And they couldn't have picked someone more wrong for her. Not to mention they made us hate him. I immediately questioned this "wedding" when everything that came out of Kris's mouth was annoying and whiney. By the second our of the special I hoped Kris would lose his voice. Also this goes without saying, but Kris and Reggie Bush are like comparing apples and screw drivers. If Reggie Bush is the NFL, Kris Humphries was pop warner football- sorry Kris.

-You knew it was for TV. Every other conversation between Kris and Kim was a fight.

So here's the burning question I have. Was there any romance with these two? Like did E! literally have 100 no name NBA players try out and pick the best one to take part in the biggest wedding of the year and have it televised? Because I'd be semi-ok with all of this if they genuinely liked each other at some point and just gave E! and Ryan Seacrest free reign over the entire relationship.

I am guilty of being the biggest sucker for reality TV. I know everyone says it scripted, and I believe it, because lets be honest no one is interesting enough to have a TV show about them without a little Hollywood magic, everyones boring sometimes.

And the reality is, watching the Kardashians there is never a dull moment. And you know what, I'm ok with a little acting for the camera and some scripted story lines because its funny. At the end of the day we watch it and laugh.

But I'll be lying if I said I don't feel a little tricked. If there was zero truth to any of it and this was just a made for TV movie about an extravagant wedding- I would have rented a 90 minute romantic comedy and saved myself the 2 and a half hours I wasted on the Wedding Special.

So Kim, if this is a real genuine divorce I'm sorry. But please just tell us what happened. I will have 100% more respect for you if this was all fake because at the end of the day you're the winner not us. You got to have an amazing wedding, make millions off of it, and then say see ya Kris. While America agonizes over it you go off on vacation, buy another Birkin Bag, and find the next thing to turn into Kardashian gold.

If anyone can shed any light on this tell me, and if not at least tell me what you think. Did the Kardashians take it too far and ruin all credibility? I doubt it. But I will say, I'll think twice before shedding a tear on the next touching Kardashian moment. So don't cry Kim, I still love you.


Kim and Kris Divorce: Was it a Publicity Stunt? Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: campos